Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Moving Forward

   Back in January I was gung ho to read all these books to become a better wife. FAIL! The reading lasted all of two weeks. Maybe. I guess I tried to read to many books at once. So lets pretend it's January and start over. I will continue with my daily Bible reading. However I don't really read it daily and I will not have read through it in a year. Currently I have read 39.5% of the Bible via the Historical reading plan on You Version for android.YouVersion  My favorite part of this reading plan is that Bubba sits outside in the back with me while we read. We are both doing are second read through the Bible. I wish Mini Me would come out to read with us. She prefers the recliner and the dog while she reads. Though I wonder if she truly reads. I feel I am failing at installing the love for God into her little heart. But I still have a few years to get her hooked.


   I have narrowed my 'becoming a better wife' books down. I'm going to put two on the side till later. Creative Counterpart and The Power of a Praying Wife (with workbook) will be shelved. I'm going to concentrate on reading, learning, and growing from The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional.
  The One Year Love Language Minute Devotional

   A book that I keep seeing in my Twitter feed is 31 Days To Clean. 
 I kept seeing Tweeters post about how great this was working for them and I was curious. I really need to get a handle on my lack of keeping a clean house. Years ago when I had one toddler I did the Fly Lady thing.  I really got my house in shape back then!  But 10 years and 3 different homes later I am back to failing.  What is really crazy is that in this rent house that we are in now I just don't have the 'want' to get things clean. I guess my mind is thinking, "This isn't MY house".  Or, I'm just to depressed about where we are in life to care.  Either way I need to get over this hump. Six year hump.  So here we go!

   Oh yea, and I want to really get in to jogging.  I'm thinking I may redo the Couch to 5K and then do a 5K race.  I've been looking a the races in the area, I just need to narrow it down and actually sign up!! =)

   Now I shall hop to it and begin with the devotional because who wants to clean on a Sunday afternoon!! =)

Hebrews 6:3 And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow ChristianMomNTX on Twitter
Follow Me on Pinterest