Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Monday, July 4, 2011

History

 I started my get fit journey 10 years ago after my daughter was born.  I bought an eliptical and worked out on it 5 days a week for 30 minutes.  I watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the TV show, while I worked out. Then I saw an infomercial about Pilates, ordered a DVD set and got into Pilates work outs.  I got down to 140 lbs back then.  I felt good and was happy with my weight  Then Brian got layed off and I gained about 10 lbs a year after that. Even while continuing to work out I slowly gained weight.  After settling in Cedar Park TX back in 2005 I started walking with Leslie Sansone.  Loved these walks and over the last 4 years I have collected a bunch of her work outs.  In 6 months I lost 5 lbs. and then gained 15 lbs. over the next 6 months. =(  Failed again.  So now!!  Now I am jogging.  I began the jogging journey (about a year ago) when a few friends had posted about their journeys using the Couch to 5K program.  So I did it!! =)  It took me longer than the 9 weeks to complete because of a foot injury but, I made it.  I did what I call a granny jog. LOL.  I still do that granny jog too. =)  I am happy to say I have lost 5 lbs. by continuing my jogging and I still do Leslie walk's once or twice a week.

Now, I want to try a race. A 5K race.  I'm shooting to do one in October.  It'll be easier to jog when the temps aren't in the 80's anymore.  However in Texas there is no guarantee that it will be cooler than 80 in October.  That's the goal and here is where I am at.  This morning I started the Couch to 5k all over.  The goal being, to stop this granny jog. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow ChristianMomNTX on Twitter
Follow Me on Pinterest