Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Shine Like Finger Nails

My finger nails have been looking rough lately. Between my working with preschoolers at work, and my usual activities at home, the finger nails get neglected.  You know, washing dishes, laundry, cleaning, and even taking care of flowers in the yard (Yes, even in November I still have flowers blooming), my nails start looking very used.  So I sat down to groom my very weathered nails.  I cut off the rough edges, cleaned the dirt from under the nails, and smoothed them into a nice curve by filing them.  Lastly I  put a few coats of clear polish on my nails to make them shine. My nails show how much I'm keeping busy and their dirtiness made me think how our Christian lives can take on that same rough look if we don't groom ourselves, or check ourselves regularly.  Clean that dirt out! Get rid of the rough edges! That little seemingly insignificant sin that we commit daily is like that broken nail that could cut and hurt.   That lie that keeps popping up and being told. It's just a little white lie. Or that person that just gets under our skin so we go to gossip about them, or wish them to get the flu under our breaths.  Why not quickly cut the sin away, clean the dirt out and shine for our father again.  Pray for God to strengthen yourself so that whatever is tempting us will go away. Pick up that Bible and read of the love that God has for us and then continue to keep busy being a light for our heavenly father. That's what He wants. Show, share, give His love.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt 5:16


1 comment:

Follow ChristianMomNTX on Twitter
Follow Me on Pinterest