Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Daisypath Thanksgiving tickers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Dear Lord

This is my baby boy. I sent him to a week long Christian Camp Sunday morning. 


 Ok so he's really almost 13. 


But he will always be my baby and I've told him that since he was 2 years old.  I specifically remember saying, "You'll always be my baby. Even when your a mean teenager, you'll still be my baby."
So the day leading up to his departure we spent time making sure he was ready.  Thankfully, we had a check list to help remember what to pack. Here is kinda how things went.

Me: Your going to need your Bible and here is a notebook. Lets get a pen.
Bubba: Why do I need a notebook?
M: So you can take notes during the class sessions.
B: Oh. Ok. But I'm taking this notebook too so I can draw.

Lord please help him to listen and learn about you so he will always keep you in his.

M: Next up is bedding. Here are your sheets. Are you sure you don't want a sleeping bag for cushioning?
B: No mom. The sheets will be enough.
M: Okayeeee. (you know, the mommy knows better tone) But the sleeping bag will make the thin mattress more comfy.
B: Mom. No.

Dear Lord please help him sleep well.

M: Towels. You want 2 or 3 bath towels?  I'll get 2 wash clothes.
B: 1 towel is enough mom.
M: Really? Are you sure? Let's pack 2.
B:Mom. Just 1.
M: Ok. Please make sure you use the soap to wash your hair and body.
B: I know mom.
M: And please use the deodorant.
B: Mom. I know.
M: And please rinse out the wash cloths and hang then to dry.
B: Ok! I know how to do this!

Dear Lord please help him to remember good hygiene. I pray that we have trained him well. If not. Please be with those who have to smell him.

M: Rain gear?  Yea right like it's going to rain.

Dear Lord, we really need some rain.  He won't melt if he gets wet.

M: Shoes.  What shoes are you wearing to church tomorrow?
B: My tennis shoes.  I'm just going to wear them all week. Not taking my sandals.
M: But you might need them.
B: No the tennis shoes will be enough. 
M:  But what about when you go to swim. You may want them then.
B:  You've made a good point. Pack 'em.
M: Two cans of bug spray.
B:  I just need one. I don't need 50 gallons. I'm only going for week.

Smart mouth.

M:  You can use your sandals in the shower.
B:  I don't need shoes in the shower.
M: But the floor will be gross.
B:  Mom, I'm a boy. It will be fine.

Dear Lord, keep him healthy.

M: Sunscreen.
B: Check.

We packed all that he needed, well, later that night we remembered he would need shorts to sleep in. But he was ready.  He had all the belongings that he needed.  But my main worry. Did we train him well to take care of himself.  He is a good minded Christian boy and I don't worry about him getting in to trouble. Just. Can he care for himself?  


Proverbs 22:6  Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.

Dear Father in Heaven please be with my boy while he is away from home. Love him and lead him. I pray that I have trained him to listen and to follow  You.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet. Being a mother really does squeeze every last tear from our heart, doesn't it? I know I look at my girls all the time...only 2 and 6...and can't believe the time has flown by so quickly already. I'm dreading the tween and teen years. Can't they just stay babies forever?! But then I think to myself...hmmm...would I really want that? :)

    Many blessings,
    Rosann

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very sweet to read. It makes my heart weep for the moments I will never experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why he has counselors . . . says the girl who seems to always be a counselor of some sort. He's going to have a great week -- but don't be surprised if he doesn't make it home with all his socks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I have been wondering what he won't make it home with. I can't help but wish I could be there to re pack and make sure he has everything.

    ReplyDelete

Follow ChristianMomNTX on Twitter
Follow Me on Pinterest